To submit an article to our journal, first read the information in the author's guide section. Use the sample article template for the article. If you have questions, you can contact us.
Publication Ethics& Malpractice
Journal of Mixed Methods Studies (JOMES) adopts the Instructions for Scientific Research and Publication Ethics guidelines issued by the Council of Higher Education (Turkey). For more information on Ethical Principles and publication Policy at https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/pub/page/about.
Authors of JOMES must confirm the following:
- Submitted manuscripts must be the original work of the author(s)
- Only unpublished manuscripts should be submitted and this will be highlighted in the cover letter.
- It is not ethical to submit the same paper to more than one journal at the same time
- On submission any potential Conflict of Interest should be clearly stated for each author
- Acknowledge the sources of data/support used in the development of the manuscript. This may include: Foundation, Grant maker, Donor, supporting institution, who provided insight and expertise that greatly assisted the research.
- If errors and inaccuracies are found by the authors after publication of their paper, they need to be promptly communicated to the editors of the journal
- All authors are responsible for the content of their paper.
- When reproducing figures and/or schemes from previous publications, it is the author's responsibility to seek appropriate permission from the relevant publishers
Reviewers of JOMES must confirm the following:
- That all manuscripts are reviewed in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry or political values of author(s)
- That they will be objective and constructive in their reviews, refraining from being hostile or inflammatory and from making libellous or derogatory personal comments
- That they will review manuscripts for which they have the subject expertise required to carry out a proper assessment and which they can assess in a timely manner
- That any observed conflict of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor
- That all information pertaining to the manuscript is kept confidential
- That they will not use information obtained during the peer-review process for their own or any other person’s or organization’s advantage, or to disadvantage or discredit others
- That any information that may be the reason for the rejection of publication of a manuscript must be communicated to the Editor
Editors of JOMES must confirm the following:
- That all manuscripts are evaluated in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry or political values of authors
- That information pertaining manuscripts are kept confidential
- That any observed conflict of interest pertaining manuscripts must be disclosed
- The Editorial Board takes responsibility for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts based on the reviewer’s evaluation of the manuscript, policies of the journal editorial board and legal restrain acting against plagiarism, libel and copyright infringement.
- The manuscripts that are found to be suitable as result of preliminary examinations are sent to the reviewers for scientific evaluation through blind review. The Editors, Editorial Board and/or Co-editors decide whether the manuscripts will be published based on the reviewer reports. If deemed necessary, the works are sent back to the authors for review or for proposed corrections in accordance with the criticisms and suggestions from the referees. The R-review process cannot begin in case of failure or missing any of the requirements mentioned in this journal such as detailed personal information regarding the authors (corresponding author, ORCID, affiliation, e-mail etc.) or any kind of typing mistake in the submission form, etc.
- During the review process, authors can only communicate with the editor-in-chief and co- editors via e-mail. During the review of the manuscripts in the journal, a double-blind review system is strictly applied.
- Editor-in-chief, section editors, reviewers and authors must use a proper-polite language in their correspondence. They do not use derogatory, humiliating or threatening language.
- The author (s) cannot make any changes on the accepted and finalized manuscripts.
- The author(s) is responsible for the content of the published manuscript (the accuracy of the references and citations, the arguments and copyrighted tables, pictures and other images)
Ethics Committee Approval
- The “Ethics Committee Approval” is requested for the manuscripts regarding the changes made for the year 2020 within the scope of TR INDEX Evaluation Criteria. All manuscripts uploaded as of 21 February 2020 must upload the Ethics Committee Approval / Permission Document. In this context, for studies that require Ethics Committee permission, uploaded after 21 February, 2020, information about the permission (name of the board, date and number) should be included in the method section and on the first/last page of the manuscript.
- According to the index rules of ULAKBİM TR, the ORCID numbers of all the authors in the manuscripts must be submitted with the final form of the manuscript. Authors whose ORCID number is missing are not given a DOI number and the manuscript is not published as online first.